Featured Articles of Titanic Wiki are articles that represent the best articles Titanic Wiki has to offer.
So just what makes a featured article? Well, we've prepared a list just in case someone should ask that, and it is as follows. An article must...
- ...be well written and detailed
- ...be unbiased and have a neutral point of view
- ...be factual and not incorporate theory presented as fact
- ...be properly sourced if controversial information is entered into it
- ...not be tagged with any sort of improvement tags (i.e. cleanup, expand, etc.)
- ...follow the Manual of Style and the Layout Guide
- ...have a succinct proper lead that can be used for the front page featured box
- ...have a complete, detailed biography if it is a character article
- ...not be the subject of any ongoing edit wars
- ...not have been featured before.
How to nominate an articleEdit
The article is placed on the featured article list and added to the front page queue.
How to VoteEdit
- Before doing anything, be sure to read the article completely, keeping a sharp eye out for mistakes. Edit and fix these if you have time.
- Afterwards, compare the article to the criteria listed above, and then either support or object the article's nomination. (If you object, please supply concrete reasons for doing so, and how it can be improved.)
- As stated above, any objections will be looked upon by the nominator, supporters, and anyone willing to improve the article, and action will be taken to please the objectors.
- Once all objectors' complaints have been solved (or the article has 5 supports and no objections after at least a week), the article will be added to the queue and be officially known as a "featured article."
Featured Articles NominationsEdit
Below are the featured article(s) for April. If you would like to nominate another article, go ahead and edit the page.